Miroir Brot "Mon Beau" LED Vanity Mirror Designed by Pierre-Yves Rochon - with 3x Inset Mirror
No returns except for factory defects. Shipped to you directly from the Paris, France factory via FedEx International Express in about 21 days.
- Miroir Brot "Mon Beau" Vanity Mirror, Miroir Brot's "flagship" is made by hand in Paris, France, and shipped FREE directly to you via FedEx International Express in about 21 days. No returns except for defects.
- This is a very special vanity mirror with heavy marble base - designed and signed by Pierre-Yves Rochon. The double-faced mirror rotates through 360 degrees and both sides are lighted with daylight color-corrected LEDs.
- High quality pure silver-backed mirror glass is used throughout. Available in Polished Chrome on White Marble base - or Polished Gold on Black Marble base.
- Overall dimensions: 18.1" High x 17.7" Wide x 7" Deep. Main mirror dimensions 13.375" High x 9.5" Wide. 3x Inset mirror: 4.72" Diameter.
- No returned, except for factory defects. 1-Year manufacturer's warranty. PHOTO is for reference only. Please refer to the description and title for actual finish and magnification.
About Miroir Brot
Found in the archives of the Manufacture de Saint Gobain, in the 18th century it can be found that François Brot, founded the establishment in 1826, in the heart of the Old Paris, near the historic Place de la République. Immediately, Miroir Brot achieves a great degree of success becomes the preemminent manufacturer it its field, in France and throughout Europe.
In 1875, Brot created and patentented a completely revolutionary mirror - the triple mirror. It instantly realized world-wide notoriety. Connisseurs referred to this ground-breaking mirror simply as 'un miroir Brot'.
In 1927, Brot innovated again by creating the magnifying illuminated mirror. The "Mirophar" was born. The initial thrust was to equip automobiles, it ws in luxury hotels that Mirophar acquired its fame. Rather than a cheap gizmo, the amenity brought to the hotel guest, more than he expected for a meticulous make-up application or shave - especially with advancing age and declining eyesight.
The "spotlight" was revolutionary and designed into the mirror surface, prevented the mirror from fogging.
Still manufactured at the Brot workshop in Paris after almost two hundred years, Miroir Brot carries on the age-old tradition of glass and copper brass working. Brot master glassmakers and brass craftsmen, following ageless techniques and know-how, create a wonderful and prestigious collection of mirrors.
The consistent and unequaled quality of Brot’s mirrors sets the standard for the world.
The Art of the Manufacture
The Art of FinishingSince its inception in 1826, the Maison Brot manufactures only the finest magnifying mirrors. And still today, The Brot mirrors are the standard of the world. To attain this degree of quality, four steps of meticulous processing is required .
Polishing to obtain a perfectly smooth surface:
To produce a shiny mirror that's flawless and totally smooth, polishing is an indispensable technique used to make Brot mirror finishing unique, homogeneous, shiny, and free of porosity.
To obtain the desired result, the polishing drums technique is used: The part to be polished is hand-held against the surface grinding and polishing wheels with discs of various materials including cotton, sisal, tampico, rope, and composite synthetic fibers. The wheels rotate at a high speed of approx 9,750 ft/minute and are generally coated with polishing paste.
Nickel Electroplating: The fusion of aesthetics and technology.
The electrolytic nickel plating is the most important step. Before a final finish can be applied, the nickel plating forms a barrier against corrosion.
Galvanic electroplating is used to electrolytically deposit metals on substrates prepared in advance. Through this process high-end and noble metals are applied to Miroir Brot arms, brackets, and frames. Metals examples are chromium, nickel, and gold.
This technique has the end result protection of Miroir BROT mirrors against corrosion, and oxidation - whether by contact with air or moisture; and gives a protection against aging.
Miroir BROT uses this technique for its decorative effect to give BROT mirrors the aesthetic properties that make artistic elements, and decorative designs for your home.
Gilding: The symbol of wealth.
Gold is still considered the symbol of wealth and luxury. Gold is soft, ductile, and malleable. It is principally used for decorative effect, but as a noble metal it has an extraordinary resistance to oxication and corrosion. Miroir Brot as point of honor, maintains this symbol of wealth by using pure 24 carat gold for its gold finished products.
LED Quick Facts
LED stands for Light Emitting Diode
• LED Makeup Mirrors Use Tiny Amounts of Electricity
• Emitting the equivalent amount of light, LEDs typically use 50% of the electricity
consumed by a fluorescent bulb and about 17% of the electricity
consumed by an incandescent (regular) bulb.
• Standard incandescent bulbs operate an average of 1,500 hours
• Standard fluorescent bulbs operate an average of 8,000 hours
• LEDs operate an average of 50,000 hours.
• 33 times as long as a standard incandescent bulb.
• 6.25 times as long as a standard fluorescent bulb.
• More than six years of continuous 24-hour-a-day use.
•Incandescent bulbs get hot quickly and generate lots of heat
•Fluorescent bulbs are much cooler than incandescents, but still warm.
•LEDs generate very little heat.