Miroir Brot Imtemporel Custom Made Hardwired LED Makeup Mirror in 5x or 7x and 30 Finishes
Shipped FREE directly to you from the Chateau Landon, France workshop via DHL International Express. "A" Finishes ship in about 30 days. Others may take much longer.
- Miroir Brot's "Intemporel" Makeup Mirror is custom made to your order, in Paris, France and shipped FREE to you via FedEx International Express.
- PHOTO is for reference only. Please refer to the description and title for actual finish and magnification. Magnifications: 5X or 7X in 30 Finishes for 60 combinations including one you'll love. The mirror is on high-quality mirror glass, with pure silver backing.
- LEDs are at 4,000 degrees Kelvin and a bright 1200 Lumens. In addition to LED lighting, the mirror contains an internal heat source to keep it fog-free in steamy environments.
- 9.5" mirror diameter (24 cm), overall height approx 16.5 inches (42cm), maximum extension 13.8 inches (35cm). The mounting plate diameter is 4.3 - fits a standard 4" octagon box.
- Head and stand are plated solid brass - impossible to rust - with an impeccable finish applied. The head swivels left, right, up, and down, and the double arm swivels left and right, and pivots at the "knuckle" as well. It's easy to get the precise view you like.
- 35 Finishes available. Some "regular" finishes ship in 30 days or sooner. Some of the more exotic finishes rquire up to six weeks. 1-Year manufacturer's warranty.
30+ Miroir Brot Finishes
Electrician's Hardwired Makeup Mirror Mounting Instructions
Miroir Brot Hardwired Mirrors
• We strongly recommended that installation only be done when the mirror itself is present, and the actual user is available; to set the most convenient mounting height and to ensure proper mating of the mirror mounting plate and electrical box.
• Install a standard US outlet box on a GFCI line or on a line where a GFCI outlet is installed, or both. The box should be flush with the mounting surface at a height determined by the user. The box should be capable of supporting 15 lbs. The mirror doesn't weigh 15 lbs., but remember it may be on an arm as long as 20". Note that the center of the mirror is usually 1/2" to 6" higher than the mounting-plate center. All of our hardwired makeup mirrors have the switch contained within the mirror mounting plate, mirror base, or mirror housing. No other switch is required. Also note that each of our single and double arm wall mirrors tilt vertically and swing horizontally.
US Standard Outlet Box
About Miroir Brot
In the archives of the Manufacture de Saint Gobain, in the 18th century it can be found that Francoois Brot, a mirror maker in the court of King Charles X, founded Miroir Brot in 1826. Brot was a craft professional of the highest caliber and distinction, a visionary, able to interpret new aesthetic aspiration. In the heart of the Old Paris, near the historic Place de la RÃ©publique, Miroir Brot almost immediately achieved a great degree of success becoming the preeminent manufacturer it its field, both in France and throughout Europe.
Brot invented and patented the Triptyque in 1875 - an innovative mirror that displays reflections on three panels. It was a completely revolutionary mirror that instantly obtained world-wide notoriety. Connoisseurs referred to this ground-breaking mirror simply as 'un miroir Brot'.
In 1927 Brot made another breakthrough, designing and inventing the first illuminated mirror - the "Mirophar".
Although the initial thrust was to equip automobiles, it was in luxury hotels that Mirophar acquired its fame. Rather than a cheap gizmo, the amenity brought to the hotel guest more than he expected for a meticulous make-up application or shave - especially with advancing age and declining eyesight.
The "spotlight" was revolutionary and designed into the mirror surface, prevented the mirror from fogging.
Now under Maitres Robinetiers de France, and still manufactured near Paris after almost two hundred years, Miroir Brot carries on the age-old tradition of glass and copper brass working. Brot master glassmakers and brass craftsmen, following ageless techniques and know-how, create a wonderful and prestigious collection of mirrors.
The consistent and unequaled quality of Brot's mirrors still sets the standard for the world.
The Art of the Manufacture
The Art of FinishingThrough 175 years, from 1826 and through 1999, the Maison Brot manufactured only the finest magnifying mirrors. Today, Maitres Robinetiers de France has assumed the manufacture of the Miroir Brot collection - still the standard of the. To attain this degree of quality, four steps of meticulous processing are required.
Polishing to obtain a perfectly smooth surface:
To produce a shiny mirror that's flawless and totally smooth, polishing is an indispensable technique used to make Brot mirror finishing unique, homogeneous, shiny, and free of porosity.
To obtain the desired result, the polishing drums technique is used: The part to be polished is hand-held against the surface grinding and polishing wheels with discs of various materials including cotton, sisal, tampico, rope, and composite synthetic fibers. The wheels rotate at a high speed of approx 9,750 ft/minute and are generally coated with polishing paste.
Nickel Electroplating: The fusion of aesthetics and technology.
The electrolytic nickel plating is the most important step. Before a final finish can be applied, the nickel plating forms a barrier against corrosion.
Galvanic electroplating is used to electrolytically deposit metals on substrates prepared in advance. Through this process high-end and noble metals are applied to Miroir Brot arms, brackets, and frames. Metals examples are chromium, nickel, and gold.
This technique has the end result protection of Miroir BROT mirrors against corrosion, and oxidation - whether by contact with air or moisture; and gives a protection against aging.
Miroir BROT uses this technique for its decorative effect to give BROT mirrors the aesthetic properties that make artistic elements, and decorative designs for your home.
Gilding: The symbol of wealth.
Gold is still considered the symbol of wealth and luxury. Gold is soft, ductile, and malleable. It is principally used for decorative effect, but as a noble metal it has an extraordinary resistance to oxication and corrosion. Miroir Brot as point of honor, maintains this symbol of wealth by using pure 24 carat gold for its gold finished products.